Monday 7 June 2010

Things 5 & 6

Thing 5 - the meeting scheduler on Doodle - worked a treat; though in a department of 6 or 7 people who are in adjacent offices it's probably easier to discuss such arrangements over coffee!
The Google calendar seems good: so long as I remember to update it, it shd be very effective. At first I think I set up 10 minute email reminders for every diary entry, including my holiday: but I \think\ I've been able to switch that off now.
Some one sent round a very complicated email to a long list of people trying to coordinate a meeting on one of five dates: I did feel that a Doodle would have been much simpler. Though perhaps it wasn't my most tactful move to point this out!
In the end I felt the diary was perhaps just too much trouble. These things work best if you don't spend most of your working day trying to organise them: they should just take a few minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment